Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Timothy Keller quote

"God's grace does not come to people who morally outperform others, but to those who admit their failure to perform and who acknowledge their need for a Savior. Christians, then, should expect to find nonbelievers who are much nicer, kinder, wiser and better than they are. Why? Christian believers are not accepted by God because of their moral performance, wisdom, or virtue, but because of Christ's work on their behalf. Most religions and philosophies of life assume that one's spiritual status depends on your religious attainments. This naturally leads adherents to feel superior to those who don't believe and behave as they do. The Christian gospel, in any case, should not have that effect."

The Reason for God, by Timothy Keller

1 comment:

Casey Fabling said...

I was wondering if I could talk with you about that quote, it really struck a chord with me. I also have wanted to talk with you about a couple other things. Do you still have my cell number? 540 894 6661. Hit me up sometime I'm usually free before 1pm and after 11pm my time, the later time would probably work better for both you and me though. =) Have a blessed day Steph! I look forward to hearing back from you.