Monday, June 15, 2009

Photo Assisting, NC Visit, Church, and other thoughts

So, I've been out here in Los Angeles for almost 4 months now. So far, I've worked with Jim Wright (www.jimwrightphotography.com), Jerry Avenaim (www.avenaim.com), and Michel Comte (www.michelcomte.org). I have worked on a shoot for Cigar Aficionado, Ok! Magazine, German Vogue, and GQ. I have met the guys from Entourage, the cast of Glee, Lo Bosworth and Amanda Seyfried. It's been so much fun! I love photo assisting...everything about it...even the heavy lifting! (Hey, I need to tone up these arms anyway!)

I haven't gotten any photo jobs for almost 3 weeks now and was starting to get worried. But today, out of the blue, I got a call from a photographer that I've emailed a couple times and booked a job with him this week! It's another paying gig too, and I'm so excited about it!

The first week of June I went back to NC to visit family, see my high school small group girls for their graduation celebrations, and the Byers while they were back in the US. It was so awesome. :-) I love you guys! I was so busy but it was good to see everyone I could. Thanks for fitting me into your schedule while I was home!

Sunday I visited a new church and really liked it! I'm hoping to get plugged in there. It's called Mosaic, and I've visited the night service in Downtown LA before. I liked it, but it was a little too loud and felt more like a concert or a conference than church. This past Sunday morning I went to Mosaic's West LA church in Beverly Hills. It meets at Beverly Hills High School and is a smaller crowd. I've really grown to like smaller churches since I left Grace and started going to 514 and Spring Garden. West LA's Mosaic also has a lot of diversity and people around my age and in my walk of life.

I'm currently hunting for a new place to live. I want to find a place with cool female roommates and my own room! I've looked at a couple places, and sent out emails to a couple more. I really liked the first place I looked at...the girls were awesome and the place was too! I'm waiting to hear back from them...I'm supposed to hear back sometime this week.

I'm so excited about going to the Bahamas with my family and the Tinsley's in a month! It's going to be amazing! Also, NC people mark your calendars because I just booked my flight and my next visit will be Sept. 2nd - 8th (Wednesday night to Tuesday afternoon).

Love you all!

Steph

No comments: